Day-to-Day Strategies during the COVID 19 Pandemic
Posted by: renee
| Posted in: Stress
| Posted on: Mar 20, 2020
All of us are being asked to stay at home to socially distance. In our active community, it can be difficult to spend a lot of time there. Worry, stress, anger, restlessness, or boredom may rise up.
Below are some ideas to manage your feelings over the coming days and weeks:
- Eat well-balanced, wholesome meals.
- Cut down or eliminate caffeine, alcohol, or recreational drugs.
- Exercise regularly. Take a walk or a run in the sunshine…away from people.
- Practice acceptance and mindfulness. Mindful eating or mindful walking are two ways you can be in the moment.*
- Do relaxation exercises.*
- Write 3 things you’re grateful about each day.*
- Limit your news coverage of COVID 19 to lessen its negative impact.
- Reach out to people you care about regularly online or on the phone. Talk over a cup of coffee or a meal as if you were in the same room.
- Play board or card games.
- Watch comedy sitcoms or movies. Laughing really helps!
- Plan a home project. This could be an opportunity to clean out that closet, to organize your belongings, to purge, or to create some new systems to make home life flow more easily.
- Read some books or magazines.
- Consider how you might help a neighbour or a community member. I.e.: cook a meal or shovel a driveway.
* These are tools I have on my blog. I’ll also be putting some videos on Instagram and You Tube of these and other tools over the next week or two.
Please take a look at both!
I am staying open offering appointments online. Please know I am here to help support you. We’ll get through this together!